Associate - Real Estate Planning
Wedlake Bell's accomplished Real Estate Planning team is recruiting an experienced and driven Associate (3-6 PQE) to join their thriving team.
Our Planning team is a key practice within our wider Real Estate Group. You will work closely with the Partner in the team, as well as providing key support to the wider Real Estate Group as you collaborate closely on matters with both colleagues and clients.
Joining us, you will be involved in both stand-alone Planning work, as well as support for our wider Real Estate development and transactional work. The team advise on both contentious and non-contentious matters, with a large and reputable client base including large-scale housebuilders, investors, and developers. You will be advising clients and colleagues first-hand, and be a key contact for matters as they progress.
We're looking for an independent self-starter with proven expertise in a recognised Planning practice or local authority. Our firm prides itself on delivering exceptional service to our clients, and with a growing portfolio of complex real estate projects, your expertise will be critical in driving our success further.
Learn more about our Real Estate Planning practice (here).
About Wedlake Bell:
Located in the heart of the City of London, Wedlake Bell is a Top 100 law firm offering full services across Private Client, Real Estate, Business Services, and Disputes. The firm has 81 Partners and a total headcount of around 400. We have grown year-on-year, attributed to the continual success of our legal teams, and the dedication of our staff members.
Our culture is widely-recognised as one of the best in City law, built on trust, collaboration, and mutual respect. Joining us, you will be part of a firm which supports work/life balance, personal development, and building strong connections. With regular cross-firm socials and events (including our renowned yearly ski trip!), you will quickly feel like part of the WB team!
- Providing expert legal advice on a wide spectrum of real estate planning matters, such as:
- Negotiating Section 106 agreements;
- Juridical review and legal challenges;
- Advising on highways law issues, including negotiating highways (section38/278) agreements, highways licences and diversion/stopping up of highways;
- Negotiating other infrastructure agreements, e.g. section 104 agreements;
- Planning appeals;
- Applications for certificates of lawfulness
- Legal audit of planning applications, particularly larger applications involving environmental impact assessment; and
- Due diligence and planning support in relation to development projects and site acquisitions; and
- Providing strategic and regulatory advice, for example in relation to community infrastructure levy, phasing of developments and use of permitted development rights.
- Engaging in business development activities and strengthening client relationships;
- Working closely with team members to contribute to the growth of our Real Estate practice; and
- Participating in firm-wide initiatives and contributing to the collaborative culture of Wedlake Bell.
Attributes of the Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified Solicitor with meaningful Real Estate Planning experience (ideally 3-6 PQE) in an established practice or local authority;
- Proactive approach to business development and a solid track record of client engagement;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the UK real estate planning landscape;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with a aptitude for teamwork; and
- Exceptional organisational ability and a commitment to excellence in legal practice.
Our Offering - We Provide:
- Competitive starting salary;
- Comprehensive pension plan;
- 25 days paid holiday per annum, plus additional leave for significant life events;
- Option to purchase up to five additional days of holiday each year;
- Life Assurance and competitive income protection scheme;
- Access to Private Medical and Dental Insurance from day one;
- Enhanced parental leave policies;
- Employee Assistance Programme with face-to-face counselling services;
- Variety of staff wellbeing initiatives including Pilates classes and subsidised gym memberships; and
- And a range of bonus schemes recognizing referrals and client introductions.
Tap into our vibrant professional community and elevate your career as an Associate in Real Estate Planning at Wedlake Bell. We welcome you to be a part of our story of excellence and success.
Apply now for a confidential discussion about this opportunity.