Wedlake Bell are looking to recruit an Early Careers and L&D Administrator to join our growing HR team in an exciting new role supporting the Early Careers and L&D Managers.
Learning and Development at Wedlake Bell provides learning, training and coaching support to partners, associates, trainees, business services staff and secretaries. There is a strong appetite for L&D in the firm and increasing demand for development opportunities at all levels in the business.
The Early Careers remit includes recruitment and development of the firm's Solicitor Apprentices and Trainee Solicitors. The firm hires 1-2 Solicitor Apprentices a year, having launched this new programme in September 2023 and hires 8 Trainee Solicitors a year via a summer vacation scheme and direct training contract process.
This is a unique and exciting role for an enthusiastic individual who is seeking exposure to both learning and development and early careers. While we are not looking for previous experience in these fields, you will have a demonstrable enthusiasm for seeing others develop, strong organisational skills, and passionate about building relationships across the firm.
About Wedlake Bell:
Located in the heart of the City of London, Wedlake Bell is a Top 100 law firm offering full services across Private Client, Real Estate, Business Services, and Disputes. The firm has 81 Partners and a total headcount of around 400. We have grown year-on-year, attributed to the continual success of our legal teams, and the dedication of our staff members.
Our culture is widely-recognised as one of the best in City law, built on trust, collaboration, and mutual respect. Joining us, you will be part of a firm which supports work/life balance, personal development, and building strong connections. With regular cross-firm socials and events (including our renowned yearly ski trip!), you will quickly feel like part of the WB team!
- Support the planning and running of Wedlake Bell's summer vacation scheme;
- Co-ordinate work experience placements offered through EDI partnerships;
- Assist with application management and tracking candidate information using the applicant tracking system;
- Plan and co-ordinate interview days and offer paperwork;
- Attend virtual and in-person law fairs and information events;
- Co-ordinate trainee solicitor onboarding and induction with support from Early Careers manager;
- Support for internal trainee and apprentice development processes (seat move, performance, qualification);
- Point of contact for external candidates and Trainees / Apprentices;
- Create content and manage the early careers Instagram page.
- Provide ad-hoc administrative support including: expenses and invoices, calendar management, organising course administration for future trainees;
Learning & Development:
- Support the annual and ad hoc planning of all L&D programmes for partners, associates, trainees, secretaries, paralegals, apprentices and support staff;
- Assist with the setting up and clearing of training rooms for all events;
- Liaise with internal teams who provide venue, IT and catering support and maintain a robust booking system for all events;
- Day-to-day monitoring of the L&D inbox, dealing with queries as appropriate;
- Manage the L&D calendar; diarising sessions, managing invites and ensure content is accurate;
- Proactively support the annual appraisal process and mid-year check ins where appropriate;
- Assist with processing of invoices, in relation to L&D.
- Ideally (but not essential) hold a university degree in a related subject;
- Ideally (but not essential) have gained some experience in either L&D or Early Careers Recruitment or Development, or have gained office administration experience;
- Proactive mindset in approach to your work, taking ownership of new tasks and project delivery;
- Well organised and able to manage a busy workload, with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to streamline administrative processes;
- Confident in dealing with internal clients and external providers and able to manage their expectations;
- High degree of IT literacy, i.e. at least basic level in Outlook, Word, Excel and PPT.
- Competitive salaries
- Competitive pension plan
- 25 days paid holiday per annum
- Additional leave provided for key moments in your life – birthdays, moving house, getting married/entering into a civil partnership, and having children
- Additional Holiday Scheme – the option to buy up to five additional days holiday each year
- Life Assurance – 4 x salary cover upon joining the firm
- Competitive income protection scheme
- Private Medical Insurance – eligible upon joining the firm
- Dental Insurance – eligible upon joining the firm
- Enhanced maternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Employee Assistance Programme, including face to face counselling services
- Travel Season Ticket Loan
- Give As You Earn Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Pilates classes
- Staff Recruitment Referral Bonus Scheme
- Client Introduction Bonus Scheme