Wedlake Bell's AML Compliance Team are recruiting an AML Compliance Analyst in a full-time permanent role.
The AML Compliance Analyst will join a team of seven, providing Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance checks on new clients and matters brought into the firm, and provide further support to senior team members when dealing with more complex cases.
This is a key role for the AML Compliance team, as we continue to hold ourselves to the highest professional standards.
The team offer an excellent working environment, providing first-class training and support, with the opportunity to have an impact across all teams in the firm.
Located in the heart of the City of London, Wedlake Bell is a Top 100 law firm offering full services across Private Client, Real Estate, Business Services, and Disputes. The firm has 81 Partners and a total headcount of around 400. We have grown year-on-year, attributed to the continual success of our legal teams, and the dedication of our staff members.
Our culture is widely-recognised as one of the best in City law, built on trust, collaboration, and mutual respect. Joining us, you will be part of a firm which supports work/life balance, personal development, and building strong connections. With regular cross-firm socials and events (including our renowned yearly ski trip!), you will quickly feel like part of the WB team!
- Completing AML onboarding compliance for new clients or matters in accordance with our internal procedures;
- Carrying out various customer due diligence checks using online databases (BvD, World Check, etc);
- Escalating matters with higher risk factors and/or issues to the Anti-Money Laundering Manager or senior AML team members;
- Obtaining company documents from Companies House and the equivalent services in other jurisdictions;
- Liaising with secretaries, fee-earners and partners regarding queries on the new client forms and the documents submitted;
- Uploading documents and entering data on to the new online client forms;
- Deal with day-to-day queries regarding the firms AML policies and their implementation;
- Completion of investigation and a resolution of PEP reviews and sanctions screening alerts as required;
- Any ad hoc tasks/queries which may be required from time to time.
- At least one year's experience in an AML Compliance function in a law firm or relevant professional services company, with a developed understanding of AML and Anti-Bribery laws and practices;
- A university degree (Law or closely related), or comparable technical experience gained through experience or professional qualification;
- Ideally have attained a graduate/post-graduate or professional qualification in compliance, AML, or similar;
- Excellent communication skills – must be able to interact and communicate effectively across all levels of seniority and on both an internal and external basis;
- Excellent organisational skills, with keen attention to detail;
- Able to work well under pressure and in keeping with deadlines.
- Competitive salary;
- Competitive pension plan;
- 25 days paid holiday per annum;
- Additional leave provided for key moments in your life – birthdays, moving house, getting married/entering into a civil partnership, and having children;
- Additional Holiday Scheme – the option to buy up to five additional days holiday each year;
- Life Assurance – 4 x salary cover upon joining the firm;
- Competitive income protection scheme;
- Private Medical Insurance – eligible upon joining the firm;
- Dental Insurance – eligible upon joining the firm;
- Enhanced maternity, adoption and shared parental leave;
- Employee Assistance Programme, including face to face counselling services;
- Travel Season Ticket Loan;
- Give As You Earn Scheme;
- Cycle to Work Scheme;
- Subsidised Gym Membership;
- Pilates classes;
- Staff Recruitment Referral Bonus Scheme;
- Client Introduction Bonus Scheme.